Welcome to Armstrongs’ Counselling Services webpage on Re-Creation of the Self (R-CS). R-CS is an exquisite and in depth model to understand the complexity of who we are and how we function as human beings as well as how to access the very core of our personality. R-CS was developed by Jon Eisman who was one of the original group of eleven people who helped develop Hakomi, a body-centered psychotherapy originally created by Ron Kurtz. Because R-CS is such a comprehensive theory about human beings, this brief write up can only pique your curiosity about R-CS. To learn more about R-CS, Google: Re‐Creation of the Self ‐Jon Eisman.
Re‐Creation of the Self (R-CS) Model of Therapy constitutes four major parts:
- The Structures of the Self
- The Creation of Self
- The Re‐Creation of the Self
- The Re‐Creation of Self’s Approach to Therapy
1. The Structures of the Self
Re-Creation of the Self (R-CS) believes that there is ‘A greater (….) than I, YOU, WE’ in the Universe whom we call God, the Divine, etc. and that the essence of God is Lovingness. Our natural impulse is to expand, build, and harmonize. Our life’s journey is to, as fully as possible, embrace the wholeness and connectedness to everything in the Universe through this natural impulse. As well, there is also destruction, horrors, and darker forces that are viewed in the R-CS model as a distortion of Lovingness and contorting it into negativity and darkness.
The “Organic Self” is seen as the most true and pure essence of our humanness. Its function is to bring forth and remain absolutely true to our individual uniqueness as we develop through all the stages of our lives. The way the “Organic Self” does this is through the “Organic Wish” which is our natural, internal drive to embrace what is best for us.
There are other elements to the Structures of the Self such as the “Divine” and the “Incarnate Imperatives”, the “Five Realms”, “Core Knowledge”, “Aliveness”, “The Seven Bodies of Experience” and the “Seven Chakra Energies”. All of the Structures of the Self are the ideal of how a human being can develop into wholeness which ultimately can lead to ‘enlightenment.’
2. The Creation of the Self (Fragmented Self)
Because of the obstacles, traumas and resultant wounding at the physical, psychological and spiritual levels, the “Self” that gets created is fragmented or fractured into many dysfunctional and incomplete parts of “our Wholeness”. For example, we can try to please others to get their love and in the process deny our own wants/needs/wishes; we can push ourselves so hard we end up getting sick or we can die energetically or physically in the process.
3. The Re‐Creation of the Self (Intentions and Philosophical Beliefs)
Re‐Creation of the Self affirms that we have the power to evolve and change our personalities and that it is a creative, intentional act to do so. There are eight steps to this process:
- To develop profound and unbiased awareness of oneself
- To discover and live from one’s Organic Self and Organic Wishes
- To discover and inhabit fully the many aspects of one’s Self
- To access our Aliveness
- To recognize the many fragmented/fractured parts of our Wholeness
- To live in the ‘Now’
- To learn as adults what we didn’t learn as children and live as we intuitively know what is best for us
- To apply the learnings about ourselves to our relationships.
4. Re‐Creation of the Self ‐Approach to Therapy
The basic belief of R-CS Therapy is that when the client truly embraces their “Organic Self” which embraces their “Ideal Selves”, they have the ability to cope and enjoy life. What the client is embracing is already whole within the person but because of fragmentation, the client believes that they are broken and can’t be fixed. To experience the wholeness that is underneath this fragmentation, the R-CS’s model focuses on:
- Teaching clients to shift from their fragmentation to a more preferred state of consciousness.
- Helping clients locate and embody their “Organic Self” with its “Organic Wish”.
- Mentor clients as needed on the details of successful living.